DIY flowers in rock painting
Spring has come and so these DIY to create our flowers with stones.
I love the joy of nature!
With these crafts we will teach you how to paint flowers in stones. This DIY is an easy way to decorate our home or garden.
To start painting the flowers on stones we will need:
- Stones smooth
- Wood or canvas
- Acrylic paintings
- Different sizes of brushes
- Acrylic markers
- Sticks or branches
- Glue or gun with hot silicone
- Acrylic varnish
How do we paint our flowers on the stones?
- Choose flat and elongated stones for the petals.
- For the center of each flower use a rounded stone.
- Make different combinations to see possible final results of your DIY
- Choose the picture or canvas according to the size of the flowers you want to create.
- Wash the stones before you begin to paint them.
- Use brightly colored acrylic paints.
- Use special markers for stone of different sizes (important for details).
- Use a small branch for the stem.
- You will need some special glue.
- Finish your craft with varnish to protect it.
You already know the most basic tips to start painting flowers in stones, do you want to try?
To do this DIY you will need:
- 6 elongated smooth stones and 1 round
- Other small stones for the figure and wings of the butterfly
- A piece of wood (a small piece is enough)
- Sandpaper or sander
- Acrylic paints: pink, black, white, green, light blue and dark
- Black, white, pink and blue markers
- Pencil and rubber
- Scissors and sponge
- Masking tape
- Small sticks or branches
- Glue or gun with hot silicone
Step by step how to make this DIY
Choose the stones and wood to use
Place the stones on top of the wood to know how the design will fit and make a picture of your craft so you will not forget where to place each piece.
Step by step how to paint stones
Sand the wood very well.
If you do not have a sander you can do it manually with sandpaper
When ready, use the masking tape around to protect the Wood.
Paint the wood with acrylic paint
Use the light blue, dissolve the paint before painting with a little water so that it is not too thick. We sanded after drying until we liked it as it was.
Cut a cloud in a paper and use the sponge to paint them
Place the paper on the dry wood. Then, with the sponge, take some white paint and see it giving small blows on it to make the clouds, repeat these actions several times with white, dark blue and light blue. He moves the paper with the other hand so that the clouds stay better and more realistic.
Wash the stones to paint the flowers
Before you begin to paint the stone flower, wash it well to make the paint look better.
Paint the stones with pink acrylic paint to create the petals
Paint with the brush at least a couple of layers, but let dry very well between layer and layer, otherwise, it will spoil you and you will have to start over. If that happens to you, do not worry, you can try to wash the stone and rub it with a scouring pad to repaint it. Make the details with a little white paint to make the petals glow or some shiny marker pens, remember they must be special for stones.
Decorate the center of the flower
The center of the flower can be painted with a white marker making a spiral to give a more decorative touch.
The stem and leaf for the stone flower
For the stem use a stick or branch and paint it Green.
The leaf of the flower
Paint the leaf with acrylic paints of several different greens using markers for finer details.
How to make and paint the butterfly?
You can do it in two ways:
– Create with markers or acrylic paint anabstract drawing of different colors. Then draw the wings with the pencil softly. Finally paints with black paint the thick part of the edges and outlines everything with black marker.
– Draw first with a pencil and go filling with colored markers or acrylic paint inside each hole of the color you choose, then hand-drawn with the black marker what you had drawn with the pencil, finishing with black acrylic paint in the thicker edges.
Use the white marker for the smallest details.
Glue all stones to the wood
Once you have all the stones painted and dry, place them on the wood to know where to go to beat them, before you paste the petals, keep in mind that the stem should fit between them, first paste a point where it is not visible and then the other.
The final varnish
Use the acrylic type to protect your work.
We have put spray varnish that is the one we like the most. It gives a very professional finish and … ready to decorate!
A great art & craft!
Enjoy with your handmade creation, put your signature and decorate your home with this art. ♥♥♥
Find the differences 😉
A sweet kiss from PiedraCreativa